The Producer will assist the Sr. Producer with documenting and organizing a project’s schedule and budget from conception to release. As a member of a product development team, the Producer will support the Sr. Producer in the planning, organizing, scheduling and directing of project assignments.
- Develop project schedules that take into consideration the product’s intended features, timeline and resources. The schedules should demonstrate an effective and efficient plan to execute all aspects of game production (design, art, programming, etc.).
- Identify and track project milestones.
- In conjunction with the Art, Programming and Design Directors, assign personnel resources to the project team and direct the day-to-day work of all assigned team members.
- Review the practicality of game design and technical design documents within the parameters defined by available time and resources.
- Facilitate technical and non-technical communication among team members and departments.
- Maintain consistent communication with departments outside of internal development (i.e. Marketing, Legal, Creative Services and company executives) and keep them informed of the project’s status.
- Manage project budgets and identify and resolve any potential conflicts between the game features, resources/budget and timeline.
- Understand, refine and disseminate the product vision and provide input for the conceptual design of games.
- Utilize traditional and cutting edge project management techniques in order to ensure timely delivery, high quality, effective use of resources and good team morale.
- Mentor Assistant and Associate Producers in order to develop their skills and best utilize their talents.
- Handle day-to-day personnel issues for assigned team members including appraising performance and resolving problems where appropriate. Apply traditional conflict resolution techniques as needed.
- Review testing documentation and the quality assurance process.
- Participate in the post-mortem review process to assist in identifying the successes and obstacles of each project and use this information to improve processes.
- Participate in product demonstrations and press interviews as needed.
- Communicate with licensors as needed and coordinate with legal department regarding licensing issues.
- Must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to successfully communicate with Programmers, Artists, Designers, QA and Sound Engineers and to facilitate communication between the different game development disciplines.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership abilities including strong problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business and legal correspondence.
- Must have a thorough understanding of gaming industry practices, processes and standards.
- Must have in depth understanding of gaming industry hardware and software trends.
- Must possess up-to-date console product knowledge including technical submission requirements and knowledge of distributing builds.
- Must have exposure to and should enjoy playing many types of video games
- Must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, and Project Management Software.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of production/project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and practical work experience.
- Experience as a game programmer, artist or designer prior to production
- Must have experience in internal production/project management on at least 2 published game products from inception to delivery.
- Project management training from a recognized educational or certification program is preferred.
- Membership in PMI or similar professional project management association is preferred.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying