The Level Designer is responsible to understand the product vision as defined by the Lead Designer, and help to realize that vision by creating levels and implementing specific gameplay scenarios.
- Understand the product vision as defined by the Lead Designer and/or Lead Level Designer.
- Assist the Lead Designer in the creation and maintenance of the Game Design Document (GDD) intended to document all aspects of the game’s design in detail including game story lines, characters, puzzles and levels.
- Use computer 3D software packages to build levels, block out scenarios, 3D models and object/character paths.
- Outline and establish the pace of each level and create event scripts.
- Implement and communicate level goals such as reward scenarios, puzzles and obstacles.
- Participate in extensive game play at all stages of the development process in order evaluate gameplay to ensure that the level is fun and engaging.
- Must possess the ability to identify and explain what determines good vs. bad gameplay.
- Must possess the ability to successfully communicate with Programmers, Artists, Designers and Sound Engineers and to facilitate communication between the different game development disciplines.
- Must have a thorough understanding of gaming industry practices, processes and standards.
- Must have exposure to and should enjoy playing many types of video games.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of 3D software packages.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of game engines such as UE4 and Unity.
- Typically requires at least 2 years of game design experience.
- Must have design credits on at least 1 published game and have participated in the design/development process of that game from inception to distribution.
- Must have experience working with other product development disciplines (Art, Programming, etc.) in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying