The Software Engineer (Graphics) is responsible for creating integrated graphics and visual effects systems that are used in AAA PC/Console video games. The Software Engineer (Graphics) is also responsible for providing programming support for less experienced programmers.
• Reports vertically to the Technical Director in all quality, administrative, training and logistics matters. When assigned to a product development team, the Technical Director will empower the Lead Software Engineer to review work produced for quality and technical matters as it relates to that project.
• When assigned to a product development team, reports horizontally to the assigned project Producer in all project management related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the Lead Programmer and Producer to determine game tasks and requirements.
• Participate in the game programming design process.
• Maintain regular communication with other game development disciplines (i.e. Art, Design and audio) in order to determine how their efforts will affect a game’s programming.
• Provide technical designs and specifications on all new features.
• Write and debug Graphics code.
• Write advanced tools and other utilities to support work on projects.
• Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions.
• Assist less experienced Software Engineers with various tasks as needed.
• Accurately estimate the amount of time needed to complete each task assigned.
• Additional duties of a similar nature or level of responsibility may be assigned.
• Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Must possess superior oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the ability to successfully communicate with Artists, Designers and other Engineers.
• Must possess strong general computer skills and experience (e.g. working knowledge of MS Office, e-mail and Internet applications).
• Must have expert knowledge of C++.
• Must have working knowledge of DX11/DX12
• Must have working knowledge of UE3/UE4
• Must have experience working on Graphics on at least 1 AAA PC/Console title
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 5 years of experience as a Programmer/Software Engineer in the gaming industry or an equivalent combination of education and practical work experience.
• Must have experience in Graphics Programming for at least 1 AAA PC/Console title