Ghostpunch Games is currently seeking a full time Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team. The QA Analyst role is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. In this role, you will be hands-on in the processes involved with our testing efforts by tracking and regression testing defects, creating and executing test plans to verify the quality of implemented features, coordinating with the designers and engineers to determine the aspects of a feature that need to be tested, and communicating the results of testing to the key stakeholders. Additionally, you will partner with other members of the QA department to help identify and solve technical challenges.
Pay Rate: Salary is negotiable depending on previous work experience in the video games industry.
Hours: 40/week. More time may be required on some days/weeks depending on the QA needs at the time.
Benefits: Medical benefits available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write defect reports and perform regression testing
- Create/Audit test strategies and test cases for new features
- Complete daily build sanity checks and key feature/function testing
- Follow instructions and accomplish tasks as directed by the QA Lead
- Mitigate risk of release by communicating issues and concerns with leads
- Assist the QA Lead in creating and maintaining QA documentation
- Assist with the coordination of playtests
- Previous work experience in AAA video game development field required
- Understanding of common software testing processes and best practices
- Understanding of software/game development life-cycles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products, or Google equivalent (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Experience with current gaming platforms (e.g., PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC)
- Experience with defect tracking databases (e.g., Jira, Quality Center, DevTrack)
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Sharp attention to detail
- Passion for gaming
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in game development or related field
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying