The Technical Designer (UE4) is responsible to understand the product vision as defined by the Lead Designer, and help to realize that vision by creating and implementing specific game features.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Art, Animation, QA, and Audio team members to create functional, fun and visually compelling worlds that achieve unprecedented and immersive gaming experiences.
- Work closely with members of design and engineering to support the needs of gameplay, for both your fellow designers and other disciplines.
- Take ownership and responsibility for gameplay actor creation, level scripting, checkpoint and multiplayer support, scripting and tuning, creating debugging and testing tools, and contributing to overall game balance.
- Integrate polished and satisfying feedback into gameplay systems through art, VFX, and audio hookups, collaborating successfully with these departments to integrate their work.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development, providing constructive insight and feedback when needed.
- 1-3 years of professional experience as a Technical Designer or a related role.
- Significant professional experience in Unreal Engine 4.
- Very thorough knowledge of UE4 Blueprints.
- Working in native C++ code or at least debugging using Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of UE4 tools, such as Animation Blueprints, Behavior Tree, Sequencer, UMG, and/or level streaming.
- Good methodology and problem solving ability, with a focus on rapid iteration to achieve balance, pacing, and fun.
- Deep understanding of game design for third person combat and sports, including design for competitive and cooperative multiplayer games.
- Very comfortable working in game editors and understanding engine/game constraints and opportunities.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and developers from other disciplines, along with willingness to lead focused multidisciplinary efforts.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems.
- A strong passion for video game development.
- Strong, updated, and current portfolio with samples of your work.
- A high standard of quality, not only for your own work but for reviewing others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires at least 2 years of game design experience.
- Must have design credits on at least 1 published game and have participated in the design/development process of that game from inception to distribution.
- Must have experience working with other product development disciplines (Art, Programming, etc.) in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Why Ghostpunch Games?
Remote, Hybrid, and On-site policy.
Collaborative, open-minded, creative environment
Teamwork makes the dream work (as true as it is corny!)
Multiple projects available to work on
AAA quality, Genre-spanning, PC/Console/VR
Sony 2K, Activision, Warner Brothers, Gearbox, and more!
Top/Recent projects include
Outriders, Risk of Rain 2, Borderlands 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Battleborn, Civilization VI, VainGlory, and more!
Learn more about our partnerships and projects here! https://www.ghostpunch.com/
401K with company matching
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible spending account
Ghostpunch Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying